1. What sets me apart, my background, 200 words or less:
I believe in truth. Truth is real. It has been and always will be. I know truth has the power to lift those who sincerely seek it. I believe in the power of education as a necessity for the true practice of free agency. As one educates himself and better understands truth he or she is better able to make choices that will better him or her and those around them.
I am the oldest of five boys. Our parents, though neither of them are college graduates, instilled in us this love of truth. They taught us true principles and taught us about agency and responsibility.
I am now a father myself of a five month old. I look forward to sharing the things that I have learned with him. My wife was born and raised in Guatemala. We are teaching him Spanish. We will teach him the beauty that is found in both cultures and to hold it. I also believe that he will teach me more than I will teach him, and it excites me.
I am a philosopher, a creator, and a leader. I am a brother, a son, and a father. I am a Philosophy Major.
2. Why do I want to attend a Church School? 200 words or less:
I believe in standards of education that have been put forth and proven within the Church Educational System. I believe that as a graduate from such a system I will be better able to bring those standards to the world. I look forward to being a representative of such a great program and institution.
I will bring my love for truth and education to the campus. I have a passion for learning. I am inspired by professors that encourage feedback and participation. I will do my part to participate and encourage others to do so as well. I believe that participation is an integral part of education and I know that it is the way that I learn best. I believe in the power of critical thinking and reason. I believe that each individual has great potential and ability to contribute to the education of his peers. I have that same potential. I am not afraid to ask why? I believe it to be an essential question. I must always be seeking truth and understanding. I may not always find it right away, but I will continue to seek it and once I find it, I will share it.
1 comment:
So are you going to say your are a Philosophy major in your application for BYU-Hawaii, cuz I don't think they have that major. If you remove that last sentence from the Hawaii application I am sure they will like it.
Post a Comment