Now, I bet by the title you all think that I am going to write about Morrison, and how we cannot leave him with anyone and go out by ourselves without him throwing a huge fit and crying the whole time. (and if you were not thinking that, then you should have been because he would be and is at that stage) However, that is not what this is about, this post is about ME!
I am suffering from the adult form of separation anxiety, commonly known as "missing" someone, or some two as in my case, or something.
so, what is separation anxiety? In small children, separation anxiety comes from a lack of understanding object permanence, or that what leaves from ones view can come back. It is this lack of object permanence, when applied to mom or dad as the object, that iniciates the separation anxiety. The young child feels like the person or people that takes care of him or her, once gone, is not coming back. so, that is the cold explanation as compared to the warm explanation that moms and dads prefer that the baby just really really loves them and can't stand to be without them.
now, that brings me to me. I really really love my wife and baby boy and i cant stant to be without them. I did not realize how hard it would be to leave them at the airport today. (for those of you who dont know, sandra took morrison to california where a bunch of her family have gotten together for our little nephews baptism in the catholic church) anyways, as I was saying, I did not realize how hard it would be. I have left them before, I left them with my family for a few days in Idaho. Sandra has gone to D.C. before. But there was something different about today. It was really difficult to watch them go.
I walked them into the airport to help sandra with the bags and morrison, we got them checked in and i walked them to the security check point. I hugged and kissed them both and walked away. I stopped when i got to the top of the escalator and stood there for five minutes as they got through security and headed off to the terminal. I can't say that i cried, but it was the closest i have come in a long long time. I had the lump in my throat and that feeling in my chest... the same one i am feeling as i write this. so, i am going to stop, but, needless to say. I really really miss my amazing and gorgeous wife and my beautiful baby boy.
Te amo mi amor. Te aprecio. Gracias por todo q me haces y todo el amor q has traido a mi vida. te adoro. y amo, adoro, y extrano a morrisoncito, dale un gran besote, y morrison, dale un beso a tu mama para mi. I love you both.
2 comments:
Mi amor, yo tmbn t extrano muxisimo... Gracias x tus palabras. No t preocupes pronto estaremos juntos... solament son algunos dias, a mi tmbn se me hace un poquito dificil dejarte y tmbn siento ese vacio en mi corazon... t amo!! Y Morrisoncito tmbn t hecha d menos yo lo se... los dos t mandamos muxos muxos besos y abrazos. ;) te amamos!
You guys are so cute. I hope you are reunited very soon!
Post a Comment