On Friday we had a family date... We went to Haleiwa and had lunch/dinner, and we strolled around the art galleries there... we miss art galleries so much. Art Galleries and Art walks were something we enjoyed doing a lot in Utah.
One of the coolest places in Haleiwa is the Ron Artis gallery. Haleiwa is known as "The surf capital of the world" and many surfers from around the world come to surf the powerful waves of the North Shore. Many surfs break and once a surfboard breaks is dead. Ron Artis takes this boards and makes em' into some pretty cool ART!
Today we walked into their Art studio and his children were playing some pretty cool music... as I was talking to their mom I asked her how many kids they have and she said "11" and I asked if all of them were some type of artist and she replied with a "Yes, all of them" I was really amazed. Art is something that Kyle and I enjoy a lot and we want Morrison to learn to appreciate it as much as we do. She gave us some great advice on how to keep encouraging art into Morrison's life. I came home super excited knowing that we are in the right path :D
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”
~Pablo Picasso~


No comments:
Post a Comment