Thursday, January 21, 2010

should i?

First off, I want to be very clear that I love my wife and I love our blog and I fully endorse the content contained therein.
The issue, then, is that I am not sure if Sandra would fully endorse some of the things I might be inclined to write.
You see, I have a different reason for wanting to blog. I see blogging as an opportunity to hash out some of the issues or concepts I might be pondering in any given moment. I find clarity in expressing my thoughts, whether that be written or spoken. I also thoroughly enjoy any type of peer review. Blogging is a great forum for both ranting and raving and getting opinions from others.
Now that I am back in school, I am happy to say that I feel more inclined to write. The different texts and class discussions have reawakened my love of discourse and my desire to participate in it. I am very please with this new developement as I had previously been feeling, for lack of a better term, dumb. I felt, as I trudged through the monotony of life in the white collar workforce (I must clarify that this was life at work and not life at home and with my family where life was beautiful and exciting) that I was losing touch. I literally felt, as my work required a more specialized set of skills, that I was losing, or going to lose what I did not use. My vocabulary suffered as much as my sanity.
Now, I dont think Sandra would necessarily disagree with or take exception to anything I might write. She would just prefer that it not be here.
so I pose my question to our readers here.
should I restart my personal blog? I had started one while I was in school before, but the last post was some time in 08. Should I start again? Will people read it? Will you all comment? (because in the end, that is really what I am looking for, some type of acknowledgement from my peers... really...;) If I do the address will be kylepoulteronpapel.blogspot.com. (that is me on "paper" in spanish for those of you who don't know, but PAPeL for me also stands for Philosophy, Art, Politics and Life, which are some of the more prominent topics that I might be inclined to discuss.)
so let me know, should I?

2 comments:

Jason said...

Wow Kyle, it looks like no one reads your blog. I talk to you all the time about stuff so I don't think I will promote your personal blog.

Anonymous said...

I might read it, but I probably wont post anything. I cant gurantee anything though.
Jared