Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A day without shoes!


We are huge fans of TOMS Shoes... they are super comfy and more specially they were made for a cause... "With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need" growing up in a 3rd world country I witnessed many children barefooted... I couldn't imagine my life without shoes... I am greatful to have so many blessings in my life. I am so happy that TOM is helping out this kids out there...

Why shoes?

*In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.

*Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.

*Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.

*In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.

I invite you to bare your soul and Join TOM and all of us tomorrow April 8th "One Day Without Shoes" hundreds of people will be going barefooted tomorrow to raise awareness...



Let's do it everyone!! Post your comments about your experiences ;)
Could you do Tomorrow what millions do every day??

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Ridi,
We miss you so much... I love coming to your blog, everytime I come to your blog it makes me want one but I don't think I ever can have a kool and unique blog like yours!

We love you,

Adam and Brenda